The children at Our Lady’s School are encouraged to live out the gospel values, reflected in the Beatitiudes, taught by Jesus on the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5-7).
Pupils at Our Lady’s are taught to grow their spiritual character to become;
- A person full of humility who is grateful for their own gifts and the blessings of each day by having a gentle and kind
- Be compassionate by using their conscience to be attentive towards others.
- Faithful in their relations with others and with God showing integrity at all times.
- Displaying dignity towards our family of God and show others respect.
- Be honest about what they say of themselves and others in the pursuit of justice and fairness.
- Forgiving of the deeds of others with the desire to show mercy by finding God in all things.
- Have love in their heart to live a life of holiness.
- Tolerant in their acceptance of the diverse nature of society whilst seeking peace in order to be children of God.
- Pupils of service to imitate the ‘Servant King’; advocating bravery and self-control to make
We have developed a carefully planned Virtue’s Curriculum which is taught from Nursery through to Year 6. Our pupils explore the virtues and learn about influential people who have contributed significantly to our world and who live out our Catholic Virtues. They then think about how they can live those virtues out too.